Friday, September 26, 2014

Made to Thrive


While attending "Seven Essentials to Thriving in the Journey" at the North Star Conference, the song "Thrive" by Casting Crowns came to my mind multiple times and I have reflected on the lyrics quite a bit during this past week as I continue to process what I learned and how it can help me reconcile faith and feelings.

This piece of music expresses the attitude that I am learning and hoping to develop in regards to Same-Sex Attraction, with the help of family, friends, and most importantly the Lord.


I firmly believe that those of us who experience SSA were "made for so much more than ordinary life" and that we can find "joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable, [and] love unstoppable" as we do "more than just survive."

I know I still have a lot to learn about this journey and experience, and I look forward to gaining further insights, because I know that we were NOT made to suffer without hope or without peace.
"We were made to THRIVE"



No comments:

Post a Comment