Monday, October 6, 2014

Living the Lifestyle

So I had some free time at work tonight so I listened to some of my favorite conference talks again. 

In Elder Klebingat's talk from the October 2014 LDS General Conference, he talks about making repentance our "lifestyle" of choice. 

So many times I hear about people who want to "live the gay lifestyle" and sometimes in my dark moments the natural man within me wants to go and wave that rainbow flag and be wild and crazy till the cows come home. 

But instead of desiring a gay lifestyle, how much cooler is it to center my life around repentance? Instead of seeking personal pleasure, I can grow my personal potential. Instead of selfish sexual satisfaction, I can seek selfless spiritual sanctification. Instead of living with lust, I can learn to love and develop true brotherhood with other men. 

To clarify, I don't need to repent for being attracted to men. But I do have a lot of other things I can repent of daily. I'm shown through this marvelous gem of a conference talk what can happen if I learn to use, embrace, and liberally apply the Atonement of Christ.

I have work to do. Shoulder to the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment