Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Law of Sacrifice

I had some thoughts/promptings I wanted to share about a passage from Moses 5:6 that I think I can apply to same-sex attraction.
6 And after many days an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying: Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him: I know not, save the Lord commanded me.
Adam didn't know why he offered up something that he valued (in this case the firstling of the flock), but he did so because The Lord commanded him. Committing to covenants of chastity and morality as a same-sex attracted individual may draw the same question from friends and others....Why would I "give that life up?"
I feel like the spirit taught me today a little bit more about what sacrifice means. I may not know why The Lord has established the laws of chastity and morality, but I do know he has established them. I can choose to follow Him and in doing so gain some further light and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment